Friday, November 25, 2011

Handmade wedding decorations

August 26th 2011

I knew that I wanted to get married in a castle. Peter wanted to get married in Germany. So it was a match made in heaven. I was in Germany in January and was looking for a venue for the wedding and after searching on the Internet we found something that would be perfect for us.

The Deuring Castle  - Church wedding and reception



It is simply beautiful. A 4 Star Hotel and Restaurant in Bregenz, Austria. After confirming the date I wanted to check out the rooms to get an idea for the decorations.



Since I was there in January and there was snow I could only imagine how beautiful it would be in the summer.




I have decided on a color pallet I found at Stampin' Up!. I thought the decoration should be elegant but romantic. I love the designer paper Elegant Soiree and the color Baja Breeze.


Elegant Soiree Designer Paper 2010/ 2011 catalogue


I liked the dream board, especially the pale blue, gold and beige.


My dream wedding cake - but in Germany they don't normally don't make tiered cakes so I was hoping I would get lucky with my baker.


This picture was my inspiration for the flowers

I wanted this to be my wedding bouquet

Tiara

Jewelery Set




As you can see. I put a lot of thought into the preparations. My challenge was, that I had to bring everything to Germany or I needed to ship it there. 

I started on the wedding decoration about 3 months in advance.

I wanted to make the table decorations, invitations, candy buffet decorations, my headpiece for the civil wedding as well as a sash for my civil wedding dress.

This was our Save the Date as well as our invitation









Table numbers, napkin rings, candy buffet containers and program for the church ceremony

Guest book, and antique keys with tags for guest favors



My mom made these little decorations for the benches 
Place cards and Deuring Schloessle menue



We did find a baker who was able to somehow replicate the cake I wanted. I was very happy and it tasted great!









It was more that I could have ever hoped  for. I love you honey!

Details of civil wedding to follow....


1 comment:


  1. If you start searching for a destination that’s fit your budget and plan accordingly then,I have listed below the top destination wedding in India under 30 Lakhs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...